A prominent Michigan regional healthcare center wanted to identify potential challenges and opportunities as they expanded their presence in a new community. Using MarketView 360°, Research America identified prevailing attitudes and perceptions, positive and negative, toward the proposed facility and those dynamics that inform and heighten acceptance and desire for the expanded facility (media, key influencers).
The study also isolated competitive positioning and key issues influencing the attitudes and perceptions of community influencers. Follow-on PR and advertising initiatives were implemented to reinforce positive messaging and address outlying concerns.
- Identify key market influencers for healthcare decisions
- Reveal dynamics that create perceptions and attitudes
- Measure your competitive position in the healthcare market space
- Benchmark needs of key healthcare consumer segments
- Identify core service enhancements to improve market position
- Focus Employee Feedback Program to align the message and delivery
- Identify emerging trends for desired and needed services
- Test new services and measure anticipate use
- Refine and focus needed PR and Marketing initiatives (messaging, media channels, key influencers)
Consumer Market Research
Research America studies the needs and opinions of professional groups or other "key informants"
on the success of your organization. Key informants and potential referral sources are contacted to assess their level of satisfaction with various attributes of your services and programs. Our senior executives have conducted over six thousand (6,000) consumer market medical assessments including:
- Market "position" studies
- Consumer need assessment/demand feasibility study
- Preference, image and awareness studies
- Brand association/attribution studie
- Advertising awareness and tracking, and slogan/tag line recognition
- Existing & potential service/site usage projections
- Site-selection assessments
- Refine & focus PR & Marketing initiatives (message, media channels, identify "key drivers/influencers")
Medical Staff Satisfaction & Referring Physician Studies
Our senior staff has conducted thousands of physician surveys on behalf of healthcare providers nationwide. Our approach often produces response rates of up to 70% among staff physicians.
- Loyalty (% of patient admissions to client hospital)
- Overall satisfaction with the hospital
- Satisfaction with various aspects of service
- Rating of administrative responsiveness
- Patient referral patterns
- Cases referred away from client hospital
Patient Satisfaction (or other patient experience or perception issues)
We examine patient satisfaction on a unit, site, or service-level basis. Patients express their views
on key service attributes as well as the most salient satisfaction issues. Overall satisfaction, likelihood to recommend (advocacy), and likelihood to return (retention) are assessed.
- inpatients (by unit, facility, or service line)
- outpatients (by facility, practice, or service line)
- emergency room patients (by shift or admitting physician)
- clinic/physician practice patients (by service type, physician, or location)